Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome to Vanessa's Mess

Hi! I'm Vanessa Pike-Russell from Illawarra Food Reviews and Illawarra Gluten-Free. I decided to make a new blog dedicated to my cooking efforts, tips and tricks. One thing you'll learn about me is that I only cook when I feel inspired. I am lucky enough to have an amazing hubby who loves to cook and whose main hobby is reading cookbooks and watching cooking shows!

I have been focusing on gluten-free meals and modifying my favourite dishes to meet my needs. I will also share the restaurant and cafe meals that inspire me from around Australia and my own version of the dish. I have a rather experimental style of cooking where I rarely stick to a recipe and make up my own flavour combinations.

I am fortunate to have a pantry and spice cupboard full of ingredients, herbs and spices from all around the world and access to some fantastic European and Asian grocery markets and supermarkets with a wide range of products for me to experiment with flavours, textures and combinations that sound unnatural but taste amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment